It is done. My first ever crochet project with yarn I made myself. The pictures are a little iffy, but have a look!
We have so much time invested in this shawl. Mom designed the fiber blend. She washed Brittany’s fiber (4 washes total) and mixed it in with garnet colored glitz while carding. She and Dad made 6 batts for me. Their work had to total more than 5 hours.
Then I spun 300 yards of two ply yarn out of it, probably another 8 hours of work in that step.
Finally, I crocheted the shawl in three pieces. The main piece is a super simple triangle, but the two edges took forever to design. I did a 10 inch sample of about half a dozen different patterns before I settled on one. At least 9 hours went into designing and crocheting, and another hour into assembly.
Total = 23 hours. And now I have to put a price on it.