Finally! I finished the ponchette I’ve been working on for ages. I don’t think I could have done any better, given how unreliable the pattern was, but it still doesn’t look much like it was supposed to.
To add the beads to the trim on the very bottom row, I pre-strung them on the yarn. Then I pulled the yarn through all the beads until I needed one. I brought it close to the hook, then did one chain before continuing with the shell. I tried more beads and less beads, but two small ones around a larger central bead felt the most natural.
Despite being a match to the pattern for measurements, it just came out too small. I’m sure there’s a life lesson in here somewhere about patience and learning, maybe even expectations, but I’m tired of thinking about this project. Let’s just say every hit can’t be a home run, and never speak of this person sized tea cozy again.